Thursday, November 1, 2007

McAdoo Associates' Super Fun Site






Mammy Trout is already planning our next summer vacation. We take the grandkids during our one week of so-called grandparents’ visitation. We'll pick them up at Burger King and head off somewhere nice. I wish our daughter, Santana, had not turned on us and made us get a court order. You know, she stopped talking to us after we disapproved of her attending the senior prom with someone other than one of the fathers of her children. Call us old-fashioned.
With gas prices so high we will stay closer to home. My dream vacation of Dutch Wonderland is out of the question as one has to drive by Lebanon. With all of the strife in the Mideast I would never venture anywhere near there. Mammy heard that there is a Super Fun Site up north in McAdoo. That is far from the border with Lebanon. Staying in Schuylkill County makes me less anxious so I told her to check it out. She was told that the owners of the Super Fun Site is a group called McAdoo Associates but Mammy checked the Schuylkill County Parcel Locator and the Recorder of Deeds and there is no place ever owned by McAdoo Associates. That is puzzling to me. She thought if she called before the end of the year we could lock in tickets at today’s prices. I would be bursting with pride if I owned a Super Fun Site that provides family entertainment. I would want the whole world to know that my land is both super and fun. I heard that this Super Fun Site is on the national register, so it must be as great as Coney Island, Angela Park or the Neverland Ranch. I have no idea why the ownership is being kept a mystery. I told Mammy to call the Schuylkill County Visitors’ Bureau and ask if any discount tickets to the McAdoo Super Fun Site are available. Despite being told an emphatic no, I quickly called the young ones and told them that “We’re going to McAdoo Associates’ Super Fun Site next summer!”
I can just picture all of the attractions there - tilt-o-whirls, bumper cars, and plenty of arcade games such as Skee Ball. I was told that there are plenty of barrels on the premises for the kids to play in and use their imagination. Fly ash and river dredge are other things the kids might be able to play in. More fun and less boring than Sesame Place. I bet there is even a waterslide at the place that splashes all over the place. Otherwise, why would I be told that everyone there should wear a biohazard suit? I don’t mind getting splashed one bit. I certainly will not be walking around eating cotton candy or caramel apples with a biohazard suit on. No sir. It’s a family outing and I will wear my favorite tank top. But maybe the Super Fun Site is sort of like the Renaissance Faire where everyone dresses up. If that’s the case, maybe I will put one on, but only if the theme is Star Wars, and everyone joins in a game of Lazer Tag..
Anyway, I finally found a map to the place. If you have the parcel numbers, then please email them to me. If I win a stuffed animal at the Super Fun site carnival booth, I promise to send it to you even though someone told me that the only animals I will find up there will be contaminated or dead ones. They were just pulling my leg. Weren’t they?
Mammy loves the carnival booths too. She said the last time she went to the American Way Fair some man told her she had to take off her shoes and then sit on his lap in order for him to get her weight guessed accurately. Mammy was very patient and had to sit there for fifteen minutes before he gave up. What that woman will do to win an oversized, plastic Section 8 ball. The man didn’t mind losing as he told her to come back later as he’d like to guess her weight some more. I told her one prize was enough. Don’t we already have enough Section 8 balls?

I wonder if McAdoo has a flume ride. I ask because I was told that I may get tied to a log and hurled down a stripping hole if I keep asking too many questions about the history of the place. That sounds more exciting than the spinning tea cups at Dutch Wonderland but I think I will pass on that one. I can’t wait until next summer.
SUPER FUN!

No comments: